Community Outreach Committtee Notes, February 2023
Diane Florschuetz, Chair
Discussion was had about this year's location for our Goldilocks fundraiser. It was discussed that we should start advertising Hat, Gloves, & Socks this April or May so folks cam grab the items when they go on sale since our numbers were down this last year. We contacted King Soopers Conifer, they stated they would allow us to do the food drive on March 31st in their parking lot if we get the corporate office to agree. We are contacting corporate to see what this involves. We are in touch with Exodus Moving & Storage about helping with this food drive. With regard to doing a blood drive again, we discussed the fact that Vitalant is requesting we find an indoor location to hold the Blood Drive. The Mt. Evans Hospice community room can hold it. We are still waiting for Vitalant to give us a date, if for some reason Mt. Evans has a conflict on the date, Rocky Mountain Academy is looking for folks to use their new pavilion.
Community Outreach Committee Notes, January 2023
Diane Florschuetz, Chair
2022 Community Outreach Projects and Results:
Soles4Soles: 300 pairs collected; Goldilocks Public LIbrary Benefit: $10,754 raised; Hats, Gloves, & Socks collected for EChO (Evergreen Christian : 49 Hats, 45 Pairs of Gloves, 86 Pairs of Socks
2023 Community Outreach Projects in the Planning Stages:
Blood Drive - Aiming for February 16th; Food Drive for EChO - March 31st; Habitat for Humanity Build Day - Aiming for July 12th; More to Come!
We are looking for a Community Outreach Committee representative from each large brokerage. All are welcome to be on the committee.
January ‘23 – Community Outreach Meeting Recap:
Soles for Souls scheduled for August with advertising to begin earlier in the year. Goldilocks was discussed and it was agreed that everyone will brainstorm ideas for
possible venue change, or different floor plan at the Little Bear. Hats, Glove, & Socks will be advertised at the end of winter to get folks to start stocking up. etings and participate. Food Drive set for March 31st , more details such as location to come. Habitat for Humanity will try to schedule for July 12 th . Blood drive – asking Vitalant if they can accommodate a February 16th drive. Big Chili and Elevation Celebration will not be a Community Outreach event this year. Bailey Days will be discussed with those that were in charge of it last year, if they want to do it again, we will head up the sign-ups and organizing, but they will be in charge again.
Community Outreach Committee Notes, November 2022
Diane Florschuetz, Chair
We discussed trying to get each office to have a representative as a part of Community Outreach. We have about 4 people who do pretty much everything. It would help our committee in spreading the information of events to each office and encourage folks to volunteer for events. Goldilocks was a success. We still have a couple of items to close out, but so far, we have raised: $10,307! We will be picking a date for presenting the big check to each library as soon as we have all items paid for. Hats, Gloves & Socks are next. The New with Tags items should be brought to the holiday party on December 7th. Diane will be dropping off a decorated box at Coldwell Banker, Madison & Co. and Remax or Keller Williams (someone volunteer their office) for folks to have a central spot for drop off if their clients would like to drop off items.
Community Outreach Committee Notes, July 2022
Diane Florschuetz, Committee Chair, Marie Lynch, Board Liaison
- Food Drive – September in office food drive. Diane will ask ECHO what their biggest need is at that time. We will be also be asking everyone to bring canned food or non-perishable food to each MMAR event. Discussed having a contest between offices, if you have any great ideas of a prize let us know!
- Bailey Days – Bailey Days went great and Mark Steinbeck stepped up and took charge!
- Habitat For Humanity – July 22, 2022 – hope everyone can join us! Elevation Celebration Conifer – July 30-31 – Tabling this event until we have someone on the committee that would like to be in charge of the event.
- Soles for Souls – August 15-31st 2022 – Lisa Keener is heading this up and we will have more details soon to get out to all of the offices. It was suggested we have a contest between offices to see who can donate the largest quantity! Thoughts are a golden shoe that would be passed between offices each year – if you have a better idea, please share!
- The Big Chili Cookoff – September 10th – We need someone to step up to be in charge of the event. We will do a booth with bread/water/cornbread and pass out info on fire mitigation. 2 Hour shifts. Diane will create a sign-up genius. Marie and Nan will spearhead the booth – the boy scouts usually sell water and that is why some offices don’t sell water, if we choose to have water at the booth, we will ask for a donation that will go directly to the scouts.
- Trail Project instead of 14nr’s – MALT (Mountain Area Land Trust) - Tabled – maybe next year?
- Goldilocks – Need someone to help coordinate, need to start collecting items in August. Looking into software to open the bidding to online bidding. October 27, 2022. Tiffany will co-chair this event with Diane. Diane will be sending out the list of last years donations, if you would like the same section you had last year, please let Diane know which section it was and she’ll tag it for you.
- Hats, Gloves & Socks – December, get word out in November. No change
Community Outreach Committee Notes, April, 2022
Diane Florschuetz, Committee Chair; Marie Lynch, Board Liaison
At all events, the MMAR tent will be used, and brokers should not remove MMAR sides or table cover to promote their own businesses. Get photo poster of Rotary Wildfire Ready firetruck, so we can support their activities, and place on table at MMAR tent.
The upcoming events being supported and organized by the committee are:
Bailey Days - June 25-26th - Volulnteers needed at the booth in two-hour time slots. Diane will create the sign-up genius Mark Steinbach will be in charge of the tent, and Trang Janick and Tessa Larson will assist with coordinating volunteers, food, drink, etc.
Elevation Celebration,Conifer - July 30-31 - Need volunteer to be in charge. Drawings for prizes are okay, no cost. Diane will create the sign-up genius.
The Big Chili Cookoff - Septmber 10th - Marie will be the point person if no one else volunteers. Instead of cooking and serving chili (and not entering the contest), it's been suggested that we serve french bread, corn bread, cheese, water, breath mints, tums, etc. to counteract all of the chili people will be eating. Diane will create the sign-up genius.
Habitat Build Days - Once or twice throughout the year - Diane will follow up to see when the next one is. We will say, "Be prepared to work with work clothes and shoes as needed."
Trail Projects - We won't do the Colorado 14ers trail project again, but we will look into the MALT (Mountain Area Land Trust) trail maintenance program.
Sole for Souls - Haven't done this one before, but this might work for August. Diane will investigate, may be a Coldwell Banker event.
Goldilocks & The LIttle Bear - October 27th - Annual fundraiser for local public libraries. Will need new coordinator for silent auction, working with Little Bear, etc.