CMAS—Certified Mountain Area Specialist Designation
This education Designation is offered only by Mountain Metro Association of REALTORS®. All classes are approved for CE credit by the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies, Division of Real Estate.
MMAR will follow the NAR designations guidelines and promote the CMAS designation only to the Realtor population and educate the public about the designation.
Mountain and rural areas are properties with unique features such as domestic and household wells, septic and leach fields, fire mitigation concerns and easement issues just to name a few. Our CMAS continuing education program covers these issues and more to provide the education needed to effectively market and sell these properties.
- Current CMAS designees must take 1 course per calendar year to maintain the designation.
- New applicants must complete the designation within 2 years of the first CMAS class you completed (starting with classes in October, 2012 and forward).
- 8 classes (of various credit) are required to complete the designation.
- Repeating the same class will not apply toward designation credit.
- MMAR will offer 8-12 classes per calendar year.
Current list of classes: (classes are added or removed over the years & sometimes the titles are modified)
Septic Systems aka Onsite Wastewater Treatment Systems
Water Quality, safety and drilling (also Fracking)
Groundwater, Wells and Water Rights
Land Planning/Zoning + Access/Easements
Fire Rescue/Fire Mitigation (also Wildfire Prevention)
- click here for class handouts and resources
- link to CHANGE WILDFIRE MITIGATION TAX DEDUCTION TO CREDIT
Living with Wildlife and Colorado Law
Title Insurance/Foothills Focus
Mountain Appraisals aka CMA’s for Mountain/Rural Properties
Please suggest future CMAS topics to the education committee at MMAR.
Watch for the calendar & registration for CMAS classes at our website: